A company’s premises and material property are essential to the smooth running of any business, therefore it’s important to be protected against the cost and inconvenience of pursuing compensation for property damage.
You may end up facing unexpected financial loss if someone’s negligence damages your property, or there is a deliberate attempt to damage or trespass on your property. We will make sure you have access to the necessary expertise to protect your legal rights and claim compensation.
- Negotiate for the member’s legal rights following an event which has caused physical damage to the property or any nuisance or trespass
Examples of Claims
- A driver crashes his car into the member’s premises, causing significant damage to the wall next to the entrance.
- Defence of any criminal prosecution
- Defence against certain civil actions such as Data Protection breaches.
- At the member’s request, negotiate for an insured person’s and their family members’ legal rights following an event which causes the death of, or bodily injury to them
- An employee is seriously injured following a fall at a supplier’s premises
All businesses have to work with restrictive legislation – from Health & Safety legislation to Data Protection, environmental legislation and corporate manslaughter. In 2011/2012, 27 million working days were lost. The economic cost of current or recent work related illness or injury is £13.4 billion a year. It can be difficult to ensure your business is always up to date and fully compliant. Falling foul of the law in these areas can result in heavy fines, and even see your business shut down. We can offer advice and guidance in these areas and if necessary appoint a solicitor to defend your legal rights.
Our cover includes:
Examples of claim:
A gas engineer who was prosecuted by the Health & Safety Executive for incorrectly capping a gas pipe against his employer’s health and safety rules. We appointed a solicitor to plead mitigation on his behalf.
Despite members taking steps to improve the safety of their employees at their work- place, employees could be injured outside their workplace. Personal Injury cover protects the rights of any member’s employee (or their family) should they suffer an injury in connection with the business.