At a Glance
Examples of Claims:
- HM Revenue & Customs ordered a full enquiry into the member’s business accounts, after finding financial irregularities in their tax returns. DAS appointed an accountant to present the member’s accounts.
HM Revenue & Customs collected £950 million in penalties in 2011/12 (an increase from £600 million in 2010/11) Any kind of tax dispute can be very costly and demanding on a business.
No business wants to be on the receiving end of unwelcome attention from the taxman! Being involved in a tax investigation is likely to be stressful, time consuming and expensive. If your business becomes the subject of a tax investigation, we will appoint an accountant to act for you until the problem is resolved, and pay the costs involved.
We will negotiate on behalf of the member and represent them:-
- In any proceedings in respect of either a full enquiry or an aspect enquiry carried out by HM Revenue & Customs
- In any appeal proceedings in respect of a dispute concerning the member’s compliance with Pay as you Earn or Social Security Regulations following a review by HM Revenue & Customs
- In any appeal proceedings following an assessment issued by HM Revenue & Customs in respect of VAT due
- In any dealings with HM Revenue & Customs in respect of a cross-tax enquiry